School reopens tomorrow at 9am. Before the return to school please read the important information below regarding Covid-19.
1. If your child has symptoms of Covid-19 or you are not sure if they are fit for school please look at the PDF attached to this message. It is a quick guide regarding symptoms and isolation and is very useful.
2 . If your child requires an antigen or PCR test you can follow this link to book one. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/get-tested/
3. The weather is much colder now than before the Christmas break. Please ensure you dress your child warmly for school and send them in with hats and coats. All classroom windows and doors will be open during the school day to provide ventilation. As well as this external doors are opened at regular intervals to allow fresh air to flow through the school corridors. Please feel free to send an extra hoodie or body warmer/gilet in with your child to wear in class. Our heating will be on all day but with windows and doors open it may get cold at times.
4. All children from 3rd to 6th class should wear a facemask at all times in school if possible. Please remind your child of this.
5. With so many people currently isolating and identified as close contacts it is almost impossible to source substitute teachers. To reopen tomorrow our Special Education Teachers are covering classes where teachers are absent. This means that some children that normally receive support will not receive it on these days. This may happen on a regular basis due to the substitute crisis. Further to this if more teaching staff are identified as close contacts or contract Covid-19 and have to isolate some classes may need to be closed if cover cannot be found. If this is the case you will be informed via Aladdin so please check your Aladdin Connect app daily.
6. We are currently researching and trying to source the correct type of HEPA air purifiers that will work for our school. When they arrive windows and doors will still be kept open. Currently each room is fitted with a Co2 monitor. If the monitor indicates high levels of Co2 the class are brought outside for a break to allow the air in the room to circulate and refresh.
7. Children displaying symptoms of Covid-19 in school will continue to be sent home. Please do not send your child to school with symptoms. I again direct you to the attached isolation quick guide that you can look at if you are unsure about sending your child in.
8.School staff are being provided with FFP2 face masks.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Your continued support and understanding is greatly appreciated.
Conor Mc Donald